For The First Time In The Middle East, GMC Introduces The GMC Canyon: The Most Advanced, Off-Road Midsize Truck
By Carprices TeamAugust 23rd 2022
GMC has revealed today the 2023 GMC Canyon midsize truck, which is set to join the Middle East line-up for the first time ever, in the AT4X trim exclusively. The rugged pickup boasts a sophisticated and modern exterior with a standard factory lift high and wide track, a premium suite of advanced technology and interior design, the GMC Canyon is built from the ground up to conquer any terrain.
Building on the success of AT4, the AT4X sub brand is the ultimate expression of GMC’s commitment to delivering serious off-road capability. First introduced on the 2022 Sierra, the AT4X trim has quickly become synonymous with robust off-road credibility.
Sean Poppitt, Director of Communications, General Motors Africa and Middle East: “As we always emphasize, the Middle East market, our first export market outside of North America, is very important for us. We promised to always bring the most premium and most capable trucks to the Middle East. With the aim to cater to our regional communities’ needs we’re very excited to be delivering on our promise and announce that the All-New 2023 GMC Canyon in the AT4X trim will join our premium line-up. Touching on performance, off-road capability, and luxury, we know it will quickly claim its territory in the Middle East deserts and mountains, and will naturally fit with our Middle East client base.”
“GMC is flexing the might of our off-road muscle,” said GMC Global Vice President Duncan Aldred. “Canyon benefits from key learnings gained from our AT4 strategy to bring customers the most advanced off-road midsize truck.”
The 2023 GMC Canyon AT4X will be the first midsize truck on the market to offer a suite of segment-first key features including:
- Underbody cameras1, including front- and rear-facing views underneath the vehicle
- Head-Up Display
- Fully digital driver information center
- Wireless Apple CarPlay2 and Android Auto3
- Google Built-in4 (Google Automotive Services)
Introducing Canyon AT4X
The All-New GMC Canyon AT4X is purposefully engineered to be a premium, no-compromises, off-road midsize truck. It offers serious off-road equipment and advanced technology for optimum capability and convenience - no matter the destination.
The Canyon AT4X boasts a factory lifted, ultra-wide track to elevate the off-road performance and capability. Canyon AT4X comes standard with 33-inch MT tires, Multimatic DSSV shocks, front and rear e-lockers, underbody skid plates and the AT4X-exclusive Baja drive mode.
Within the interior, the Canyon AT4X’s Ceramic White and Obsidian Rush, customizable 11.3-inch diagonal touchscreen infotainment system and a 11-inch fully digital instrument cluster. In addition, it offers GMC-exclusive Head-Up display and Bose seven-speaker audio entertainment system.
The Canyon AT4X will offer Edition 1* package which includes:
- Front and rear-facing underbody cameras1 with wash function
- Off-road front bumper with safari bar
- Front 30-inch off-road grille light bar
- Winch by COMEUP
- 17-inch beadlock capable wheels
- Reconfigurable bed rail system
- Performance front skid plate
- Edition 1 tailgate badge
Serious Off-Road Equipment
The 2023 Canyon AT4X is engineered to offer customers a premium off-road experience. The Canyon offers key features across its trim lineup that provide customers with optimized performance and rugged off-road capability to take you anywhere, on or off the map. This includes:
- Factory Lift and Ultra-Wide Track: 2023 Canyon comes standard with an off-road suspension package featuring an ultra-wide track and factory lift standard for improved approach departure and breakover angles.
- Multimatic DSSV Shocks: The latest Multimatic DSSV shocks offer control and comfort on-road, and robust performance for extended off-road adventures.
- Off-Road Optimized 2.7L Turbo Engine: The high-torque, off-road optimized 2.7L turbo engine provides amongst the best-in-class gas engine (583 nm of torque. GM estimate).
- Enhanced Front and Rear Electronic Locking Differentials: The 2023 GMC Canyon’s available front and rear e-lockers allow drivers to engage the front or rear axles to lock both wheels at the same speed.
- Off-Road Performance Display: Accessible through the center screen instrument cluster, 2023 Canyon drivers can access and monitor real time metrics of their off-road trek including g-force, altimeter, and pitch and roll stats.
- All-New Drive Modes: 2023 Canyon AT4X features the introduction of all-new drive modes, crafted to provide customers with a robust drive experience:
1. Baja Mode: for high-speed off-road driving
2. Terrain Mode: for low-speed precision off-roading and rock crawling
3. Off-road Mode: for general off-road dynamics
4. Normal Mode: for balanced every day on-road driving
5. Tow/Haul Mode: for optimized hauling heavy loads and towing
- Standard 32-inch large off-road tires (33-inch MT tires)
- Front axle moved forward for improved proportions and more planted, level stance
Most Advanced Canyon Ever
The 2023 GMC Canyon marries its off-road prowess with a premium technology suite to offer customers an advanced off-road experience. Canyon’s technology-focused cockpit features a more dynamic, high-resolution infotainment screen and driver information center.
The All-New Canyon gives the driver ample control with its advanced technology cockpit, powered by a new electrical architecture. Through this updated system, drivers can experience Canyon’s available 10 camera view system1 — more camera views than any other competitor in its class — including HD Surround Vision and a waterproof underbody camera with camera washing system. The Canyon’s advanced cockpit also includes the off-road performance display, which allows drivers to track real-time, off-road performance data on the center screen.
In addition to these features, the 2023 Canyon also includes a variety of other enhancements including:
- Class leading, 11-inch diagonal fully digital instrument cluster on the AT4X trims.
- Class-exclusive 6.3-inch diagonal Head-Up Display to provide the driver with key information like navigation, safety alerts, speed, audio and more.
- Wireless Android Auto3 and Apple CarPlay2 wireless phone projection capability
- Bose seven-speaker audio system.
The 2023 Canyon also introduces a host of safety and driver assistance1 technology features including:
- Standard Canyon Pro Safety Package1
a. Automatic Emergency Braking
b. Front Pedestrian Braking with Bicyclist Detection
c. IntelliBeam Headlights auto high beams
d. Following Distance Indicator
e. Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning
f. Rear Cross Traffic Braking
g. Blind Zone Steering Assist
h. Safety Alert Seat1
- Technology Package1
a. Rear Pedestrian Alert
b. Adaptive Cruise Control
c. HD Surround Vision
Elevated Exterior and Interior Design
The 2023 GMC Canyon features a bold stance, aggressive exterior styling and elevated interior.
The All-New Canyon is equipped with a standard short bed, crew cab configuration.
The 2023 Canyon’s exterior is pronounced by its high clearance, trimmed corners and the all-new integration of sheet metal for a completely unique look. The front fascia features full LED exterior lighting.
Under the vehicle, the Canyon AT4X includes a large front heavy-duty AT4X skid plate, a transfer case shield rocker protector to tackle the most rugged terrains. The 2023 GMC Canyon also introduces a water-tight tailgate storage system for enhanced bed functionality and amongst the best-in-class cargo volume.
The New Lynk And Co 09 SUV By Geely, Introduced Globally
10 Points To Consider Before Buying Your New SUV In The UAE | Buy A Used Car In UAE
How To File A Car Insurance Claim In The UAE? Detailed Motor Insurance Claim Process?
MG Motor Appoints Jiad Modern Motors as Official Distributor in Saudi Arabia