Volkswagen Middle East Hits Record High Sales In Q1 2023
The Volkswagen Tiguan and Teramont saw strong growth figures with the Golf GTI and R, T-Roc and Touareg also experiencing high Q1 sales.
Volkswagen Middle East recorded the highest-ever quarterly vehicle sales since the first quarter of 2015. Saudi Arabia is the largest market in the region topped the monthly sales chart.
The Volkswagen Tiguan and Teramont saw strong growth figures across all regional markets with the Golf GTI and R, T-Roc and Touareg also experiencing high Q1 sales.
Volkswagen Q1 sales in 2023
1) The Tiguan saw high sales growth in Q1, outselling all previous months since its launch in the Middle East Region in 2008.
2) The Teramont being Volkswagen’s largest SUV remains the best-selling product in the brand’s line-up.
3) The Golf GTI and R are particularly popular in the UAE, showing fondness by UAE drivers towards the iconic sports hatchback.
4) The dynamic T-Roc also played a significant role in the success, showcasing its strength in the crossover SUV segment.
5) The Touareg, which is the brand’s flagship vehicle also saw an increase in sales in 2023 with customers opting for the vehicle’s understanded premiumness.
A word from the Volkswagen Officials
Commenting on the successful result, Victor Dalmau Managing Director of Volkswagen Middle East said, “The automotive industry has been challenged over the last few years with the semiconductor supply shortage and supply continues to be challenged globally. We are extremely proud of this outstanding achievement, and it is a true testament to the hard work and dedication of our partners across the region. These figures show the regional appetite for the Volkswagen product portfolio and we remain positive about maintaining this robust momentum in the second quarter and beyond with our exceptional models that deliver on design, comfort, safety, connectivity and technology.”